Lawton House Surgery services during Covid
Welcome to our surgery. During the pandemic we are open and continue to offer access to health care for you but we are now delivering in a different way to keep us all safe and well.
Please can we remind you not to attend the practice if you have Coronavirus symptoms.
If you have symptoms visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119 if you have no internet access.
Want advice from your doctor (such as coughs, mental health), self-help information (such as tiredness, pain) or have an administrative request (such as sick note or test results)?
eConsult and get a response before the end of the next working day or sooner.
Coming to the Surgery
If you need to come to the surgery please enter by the outer porch and follow the instructions displayed there.
- Please use sanitiser before touching the equipment in the porch.
- Only ONE person in the porch at a time. Only SIX patients can be in the surgery at a time.
- Please use a face covering BEFORE entering the surgery.
Should you need to contact your GP or Practice Nurse then please telephone the surgery first.
If you have difficulty using the telephone then please come to the surgery and speak to a receptionist.
The receptionist will refer your request to a clinician who will either
- Ring you back later OR
- Arrange a video consultation OR
- Arrange for a face to face appointment
For routine matters please use the e Consult (see above).
Please be sure to cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
Face to Face Appointments
- You must wear a face covering when entering the surgery
- Only one person can attend the appointment unless you require a carer
- Young children attending with anyone other than a parent/guardian must have written, signed consent from the parent authorising medical treatment.
- Our clinicians will all be wearing PPE to keep us safe but underneath the mask is the same welcoming smile
- Socially distanced seating is available in the waiting room with only four patients in the building at any time.
- We operate a one way system for patients, please follow the arrows
Our doctors aim to see urgent cases the same day. Sometimes the doctor will ask you to make a routine appointment if they assess the condition as not urgent.
Urgent cases may be seen by any of the surgery doctors or by a Health Professional.
Please make all requests before 10:30am if possible. Thank you.
- Home visits are for the housebound only. The doctor may telephone you before visiting to assess the urgency and prioritise visits.
- If you are housebound but do not need to see the GP face to face then you can telephone the surgery and ask the duty doctor or nurse to call you back at an agreed time.
- You maybe referred for a home visit from a Community Nurse by your GP
- A Health Visitor will also visit at home if you have recently had a baby or are newly registered with the practice and have a child under five years.
Prescriptions and Medication
- To minimise patient contact at the surgery and local pharmacies we are asking patients to sign up for online services where possible to order repeat prescriptions.
- If you don’t yet have an account please contact the surgery and the staff will help you set one up.
- Please nominate a pharmacy closest to your home address to stay local when collecting medication or arrange delivery.
- Paper repeat prescription requests maybe placed in the box on the wall outside the surgery. Prescriptions will then be sent to your nominated pharmacy for collection/delivery.
- GPs are working to keep repeat medications updated to ensure non-essential delay
- Where possible please order your own medicines.
- Routine repeat prescriptions please allow 3 working days.
So many things have changed for us all in the past year but at Lawton House we are still the same doctors and staff offering friendly high quality health care in the safest possible way for all our patients.
Sometimes are telephone lines are very busy so would ask for your patience at this time.
Underneath all those masks is a smile waiting to get out.