Prepayment Prescription Certificate (PPC)
If you have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a Prepayment Prescription Certificate (PPC) Details from NHS above.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme, or Family Credit.
- those who are age exempt, under 16, under 19 in full time education, over 60, and pregnant and nursing mothers.
- those with certain specified medical conditions
More information is available at NHS charges above.
Help with Health Costs (from NHS website)
Find out about when you need to pay, help when on universal credit, travel costs and personal health budgets.